“You know, just about everybody out here is on painkiller drugs. They’ll steal it right out of your mail box.” That’s what one of our consultants was told by his aunt, who resides in semi-rural Portage County, Ohio. The same statement could be made to most benefits managers across the country, whether their aunts reside in a pastoral rural setting, the Ritalin-infested suburbs or the inner city. It may be easy to consider drug abuse – especially of prescription opioids – as “society’s problem.” But it is a problem for nearly all plan sponsors, particularly if it’s not high on their agenda. (more…)
- Health FSA Limit will Increase for 2018
- Health Plan Sponsors Need Thaler Too!
- President Signs Executive Order Designed to Change ACA Rules
- White House Announces ACA Subsidies Will End
- Elephant in the Room: Are Employers Ready to Address Specialty Drug Spending?
- 5 Questions to Ask Your Benefits Adviser
- Court Orders EEOC to Reconsider Wellness Rules
- Senate Rejects Efforts to Repeal the ACA
- More Employers Taking the Direct Route to Better Healthcare
- Managing Orphan Drugs in Your Health Plan