“You know, just about everybody out here is on painkiller drugs. They’ll steal it right out of your mail box.” That’s what one of our consultants was told by his aunt, who resides in semi-rural Portage County, Ohio. The same statement could be made to most benefits managers across the country, whether their aunts reside in a pastoral rural setting, the Ritalin-infested suburbs or the inner city. It may be easy to consider drug abuse – especially of prescription opioids – as “society’s problem.” But it is a problem for nearly all plan sponsors, particularly if it’s not high on their agenda. (more…)
- IRS Reduces HSA Limit for Family Coverage for 2018
- Are Benefits a Popularity Contest?
- Seeing Clearly: The Cost of a Miracle Cure
- Spending Resolution Affects ACA Taxes
- Chelko Builds on Specialty Drug Expertise with Addition of Pharmacist
- Individual Mandate Penalty will be Eliminated in 2019
- Furnishing Deadline Delayed for 2017 ACA Reporting
- Health FSA Limit will Increase for 2018
- Health Plan Sponsors Need Thaler Too!
- President Signs Executive Order Designed to Change ACA Rules