“You know, just about everybody out here is on painkiller drugs. They’ll steal it right out of your mail box.” That’s what one of our consultants was told by his aunt, who resides in semi-rural Portage County, Ohio. The same statement could be made to most benefits managers across the country, whether their aunts reside in a pastoral rural setting, the Ritalin-infested suburbs or the inner city. It may be easy to consider drug abuse – especially of prescription opioids – as “society’s problem.” But it is a problem for nearly all plan sponsors, particularly if it’s not high on their agenda. (more…)
- Do Your Employees Understand their Health Insurance Choices?
- Only PBMs Benefit from Rebate-driven System [UPDATE]
- Keeping Score: Members per Employee
- Keeping Score: LTD Income Replacement Benefit Percentage
- Don’t Forget About PCORI Fees
- Deep Dive Roundtable Makes a Splash
- Keeping Score: Specialty Drug Spend through Medical
- Right to Try: Beneath the Surface
- IRS Announces HSA Limits for 2019
- Back to the Future: Is it Time to Bring Back R&C?