President & Founder
Rick established the Chelko Consulting Group in 2001. Since then, the firm has received numerous awards and been consistently recognized for its growth, community engagement, commitment to employee health and industry involvement.
Considered an industry expert in the area of health plan management, including data analytics, strategy and design, specialty drug management, and centers of excellence. Rick actively consults to, and develops creative life, disability and health benefits solutions with, large companies headquartered in the Midwest and Southeastern states. A sought after speaker on health care trends and cost management issues, he has also shared his perspective via articles appearing in a number of national publications.
Rick was a principal and regional health & welfare benefits practice leader in Ernst & Young’s Human Resources Consulting Services practice. Prior to EY, he was director of group operations for Prudential Insurance Company of America and specialized in the development of managed care delivery systems and related employee benefit programs for large employers.
• Established a “balanced scorecard” approach to monitoring and managing the key financial and non-financial performance results associated with group health plans, enabling clients to achieve below-trend plan cost results.
• Developed a best practice approach to formulating guiding principles and migration strategies for aligning employee benefits programs with a company’s current and future business needs.
• Generated millions in annual Life and Accidental Death plan savings for a large manufacturer through expert claim analysis, plan redesign and carrier negotiations.
• Developed EdisonHealth Network, a next-generation centers of excellence program with Tom Emerick, the former VP Benefits for Walmart Stores. With EdisonHealth, employers can provide plan members with special access to high performing centers for joint replacements, spine surgeries, heart and valve surgeries, transplants and the treatment of certain cancers.
• Past national co-president and local chapter president of WEB (Worldwide Employee Benefits Network). Graduate of Leadership Cleveland (2008) and former chair of the John Carroll University Entrepreneur Association
Education and Certifications
• Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – John Carroll University
• SPHR | Senior Professional in Human Resources
• CLU | Chartered Life Underwriter
• Certified | Global Benefits Management
• Licensed | Life, Accident, Health and Annuities Insurance – State of Ohio
Rick is an avid supporter of Believeland’s professional sports teams and spends much of his free time enjoying the great Lake Erie. He occasionally spoils a good walk with his life-long struggle to become a better golfer.
24651 Center Ridge Rd, Suite 110
Westlake, Ohio 44145