Rowdy performs both research and analysis for our clients, specifically in the areas of network, medical claims data and balanced scorecard production. He assists with the vendor selection process, vendor management, plan management, and addressing day-to-day client needs.
An emerging leader and subject matter expert, Rowdy also serves on the steering committee of the Cleveland chapter of the Worldwide Employee Benefits Network. Before joining Chelko in 2009, he held financial analysis and account management positions in the automotive and publishing industries.
• Contributed to the selection of a medical TPA to build a specialized national network of physicians and to provide ongoing administration, adjudication, and network management services for a company with 22,000 employees. The project resulted in estimated three year savings of $1.25 million.
• Facilitated the selection of a PBM for a company with 1,800 employees. The project resulted in estimated three year savings of over $600,000 and produced a more transparent pricing arrangement for the client.
• Assisted in the evaluation and selection of a health and welfare benefits data warehouse and reporting vendor for a company with 36,000 employees, which resulted in an arrangement that is expected to provide the client with actionable data and insights.
• Evaluated the financial and administrative impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) for numerous clients, giving them the information needed to make timely plan management decisions.
• Serves on the steering committee of the Cleveland chapter of the Worldwide Employee Benefits Network.
Education and Certifications
• Bachelor of Science in Management – Case Western Reserve University
• Masters of Business Administration in Human Resources – Baldwin Wallace University
• Group Benefits Associate – International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
• Licensure | Life, Accident, Health and Annuities Insurance – State of Ohio
A husband and proud father of three, Rowdy is active in his church and has visited all 50 states. He enjoys going fishing with his kids and is a BIG Ohio State football fan. His truck preference? Ford. Tractor? John Deere, of course.
24651 Center Ridge Rd, Suite 110
Westlake, Ohio 44145