Austin serves as a lead advisor to a number of our clients in Northeast Ohio, Charlotte, and Atlanta. He provides them with research, analysis, and advice on a variety of topics including current medical and drug management trends, plan design and strategy, benefits administration/outsourcing (for active and retired employees), and wellness programs. Austin also has experience evaluating and implementing specialty drug management solutions, site-of-care, and centers of excellence programs.
Prior to joining our firm in 2013, Austin worked for three years at Aon Hewitt Consulting in its benefits administration group. He served leading employers in the satellite television, gaming, and hospitality industries. Austin acted as the primary liaison for various clients with up to 30,000 covered lives and serviced a client portfolio of over $8 million in revenue.
• Identified $3 million in unclaimed rebates through a PBM contract analysis for a retailer with over 1,500 retirees.
• Identified $6 million in savings through a medical TPA market bid for a retailer with over 4,000 employees.
• Managed the successful implementation of 15,000 pensioners and 3,500 retirees to Chelko Consulting Group’s benefits administration team.
Education and Certifications
• Bachelor of Science in Business – Wake Forest University
• Licensure | Life, Accident, Health and Annuities Insurance – State of Ohio
Austin enjoys spending time with his two young children and wife, Megan. A member of Wake Forest’s 2007 D-1 national championship soccer team, he is a passionate fan of the sport who still enjoys playing, coaching, and watching the game.