Steven Parsons, EA
Actuary | Sr. Consultant
Throughout his career, Steve has focused on maximizing the effectiveness of clients’ employee benefits and talent management programs. His insights have been key in building foundations for short- and long-term success by identifying new resources in both traditional and emerging markets. Steve has particularly established himself as a healthcare industry expert through his collaboration and risk management work with Ohio-based providers.
As an actuary and consultant, Steve has developed innovative risk strategies and provided market insights not normally identified through the traditional RFP processes to help clients select network options with confidence.
Prior to joining Chelko, Steve was a partner with two regional consulting firms where he helped grow markets and create new services and opportunities.
• Oversaw the development of a five-year strategy to minimize healthcare trend and construct best practices for a school collaborative, resulting in better than industry benchmark performance — and significant cost savings.
• Assisted a group of hospitals establish a collaborative to decrease costs and build infrastructure to better serve the health needs of their workforces and communities.
• Helped a client de-risk its pension program and develop an orderly plan termination process.
• Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude – Ohio Wesleyan University
• Fellow | Conference of Consulting Actuaries
• Enrolled Actuary | Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries
• Member | American Academy of Actuaries
Steve enjoys running and the outdoors. He had the unique pleasure of coaching his two sons in high school cross country and track. His best coaching advice — “enjoy the ride” and “turn left (in track).” Steve is also proud to have served on several community non-profit boards over the years.