At the Chelko Consulting Group, we serve our clients’ benefit plan management needs and empower them with the tools and resources to out-manage their competition. We assist medical, life and disability plan managers in becoming high performers and guide them in ways to improve employee health and productivity.
For almost twenty years, we’ve filled a significant gap in the marketplace – the gap between enormous, market-setting consulting firms and insurance company producers/brokers. The market has responded by its demand for our unique combination of depth, expertise and affordability. We continue to grow and to serve this marketplace by delivering independent, fact-based, validated and practical results at a fraction of the cost of higher-priced firms.
Chelko Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Health & Welfare Benefits Consultant
Only considering candidates based in Columbus, Cincinnati, or Dayton
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Central/Southwest, OH
Chelko consultants work on employer-sponsored health and welfare benefit programs. As advisors to employers, consultants work with our clients, Chelko teammates and vendors of benefits services (insurance companies, PBMs, TPAs, etc.) on the design, funding, management, compliance and communication of these programs.
Our consultants work closely in a team environment with other consultants to respond to client needs, ensure data accuracy, analyze data, summarize findings and make recommendations, and create and present client reports. A strong analytical background and the ability to work on multiple projects at a time are highly desired.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic professional to help us serve clients headquartered in Central and Southern Ohio, and to help us expand our base of clientele. We are looking for someone that is as comfortable doing (the work/analysis), as advising, and as helping to develop new business. Our goal is to provide valuable advice and excellent client service while continuing to grow our business area. Existing subject matter expertise and market reputations are valued.
- Monitor plan performance on a monthly and annual basis to provide insight on cost drivers and to provide recommendations on plan design, strategy, and cost containment.
- Perform financial analyses including plan cost projections, plan design alternatives, and employee contribution strategies.
- Assist in the analysis of service proposals from medical benefit administrators, pharmacy benefit managers, dental benefit administrators, COBRA administrators, and stop loss insurers, and others.
- Perform compliance analyses of health & welfare benefit plans relative to PPACA, ERISA, FMLA, GINA, COBRA, and other related legislation, as needed.
- Conduct research to identify potential new clients.
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients.
- Explain our firm’s services and determine potential fit for prospect needs.
- Assist in the preparation of RFP responses and Statements of Work.
- Work with other team members to build long-term, value-adding relationships with new and existing customers.
- Excellent analytical abilities including identifying trends and drawing conclusions from large sets of data.
- Self-motivated individual that enjoys solving complex problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to clearly present complex concepts to senior leaders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage one’s own time to meet project deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to obtain Life, Accident, Health and Annuities Insurance license, and to pursue continuing education, such as Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation.
- Executive presence, or the ability to develop it.
- Aptitude for business development.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required (preferably Business, Economics, or Math major)
- 3-5 years of H&W consulting experience
- 2 years of business development experience preferred
- Competitive salary
- Incentive compensation
- Competitive benefits package
Please submit resume to:
Chelko Consulting Group